H-4 Visa Details

H-4 Visa is required by spouses/children of H visa holders (H-1A, H-1B, H-2A, H-2B, or H-3) to lawfully enter into the US and stay. Parents and siblings of a H1-B visa holder cannot get an H-4 visa.

As long as the H visa of the principal applicant is valid, individual on H-4 visa also can remain in the US. However, the candidate applying for H4 visa can later apply for Green Card through the primary applicant or by changing the H-4 status to any other work based dual intent status.

People applying for H-4 Visa in most countries are required to appear for an in-person interview at the U.S consulate whereas People who are already in U.S (in status other than H-4) can convert to H-4 by filing Form I-539 for change of status.

Spouse and children of H-1B Visa holders can obtain an H-4 visa even if the primary H-1B Visa hasn’t been stamped yet. You do not need to have an H-1B visa stamp in your passport in order for your spouse to apply for an H-4 visa stamp in her passport. Evidence like wedding photographs, video, registered marriage documents, pay checks, and otherH1-B approval documents is sufficient. H4 visa holders can study in the US, can get an ITIN, can get a Driver’s License, Can do volunteer work without pay, can change to H-1B, F-1 Visa or apply for a Green Card, can get a state Identification Card, can get a bank checking account, and can travel outside of USA. However, people on H4 Visa cannot get a Social Security card for SSN and cannot work for pay.

Though H-4 Visa Holders can study full time/ part time in US universities without changing to F-1 Visa status; they cannot get funding as Teaching Assistants/Research Assistants while studying. Also, they can’t utilize CPT (Curriculum Practical Training) or OPT (Optional Practical Training) for working in companies.

There are certain advantages of Studying on H-4 Visa against F1 Visa. These include:

H4 visa holders can take fewer classes which means lesser burden because F-1 students typically have to take a full course load of 3 courses (9 credit hours) each semester.

They can be easily admitted to the Schools, since they pay their fee and don’t ask for financial assistance (Since they can’t get funding on H-4 Visa).

Duration of the study program can be flexible; you can take your own sweet time in completing your education whereas F-1 Visa students need to complete their Education within 2 or 3 years in some schools.

Employment Visa | Employment Visa Types | Green Card Renewal

Posted in Employment Visa, green card renewal, US Visa | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

Green Cards and Adoption

There are many other ways of attaining permanent residency in the US of which adoption is the one. Potential parents who are unable to have kids of their own for some or the other reason go for adoption as a solution. Many potential parents from America adopt a child from a country other than the United States by arranging for a Green Card through adoption. Any child below the age of 14 that is adopted by a US citizen automatically becomes a permanent resident by virtue of the adoption. The great thing about adoption is that it not only helps the parents, but also the children in getting a new lease of life and a better future. Unlike US citizenship, the green card offers permanent residency as an immigrant within the United States.

There are three types of adoption which apply to the green card process. Firstly, parents can adopt a foreign national who is already in the States. Or, they can adopt a foreign national who is still in their native country. Thirdly, they can choose to adopt an orphaned foreign national who is still in their country of origin. Choose is the child who is already in America is the easier, however concessions are granted for those who choose to adopt a foreign orphan.

In order to opt for the adoption green card which is granted by the USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Service), at least one of the parents must be an official US citizen if they are married. In case of unmarried couples, both must be US citizens. The application process is similar to that of the green card through family sponsorship if a US citizen is adopting an orphaned or un-orphaned child from another country. If the adoption is successful, the child will become an LPR (Lawful Permanent Resident) but will not be eligible to receive a passport as an immigrant.

Sometimes, it can be a very long and difficult process depending on the route the potential parent chooses. The best way to handle this is to be prepared for the outcome. Parents can take help from fully qualified immigration specialists as they will be able to answer questions as well as address the issues related to adoption and green card. This way the parents can get the confidence to take those first steps and change a child’s life for the better.

Green card | Employment Visa

Posted in Employment Visa, green card renewal, US Visa | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment

Green Card through adoption

To become a permanent resident of the United States of America a person will have to acquire authorization. It enables him to live in the country and work permanently there. For that a person will require a proof of the permanent resident status. For that the individual is granted an authorization card that is known as a Green Card. Officially it is called as I 551 that every citizen must have.

Once a person has the Green Card he becomes the permanent resident of the United States of America. He is legally authorized to work in the country in a company. He can start his or her own business and support his family. There are many ways through which a person can obtain a Green Card. One can get a Green Card through adoption by a permanent resident. If you are a non resident and want to become a permanent resident of United States, then you can do so through adoption.

Normally, the easiest way a person can become a U.S Citizen is through adoption by a person who is a US citizen. It can be through someone who is a permanent resident of America. The law of the country allows the U.S. citizens and Permanent Residents to apply for petition so that their family members can visit and live with them permanently. For this one has to fill the form I-130. In order to get a family based Green Card an individual will have to be sponsored by a US Citizen or a person who is a Lawful Permanent Resident of America.

The person who is the sponsor will have to file a petition called form I-130. This is the   petition required for Alien Relative and this helps the immigrant to come and live in United States. When an immigrant is in US already, the sponsor has the authority to adjust the status by filling the Form I-485 green card. The sponsor must be eligible to sponsor a family member. The person adopting you must be either a US Citizen or a Permanent Resident of the United States. Such a person will have to submit all the documents to prove that status.

In order to have a green card, you will have to go through a two step process that is not a problem. The first step involves the filing of the Form I-130. In this the sponsor will have to show an acceptable relationship with the person who is immigrating. Then the second step requires the filing of the green card application.

US Green Card Renewal

Posted in green card adoption, green card renewal | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

Hello world!

Welcome to WordPress.com. This is your first post. Edit or delete it and start blogging!

Posted in Uncategorized | 1 Comment